Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mysterious as a Cat

On this day in 1809, Edgar Allen Poe was born.  His tales of horror and atmosphere of mystery have greatly influenced American fiction.  Although I find his stories dark and somewhat depressing, there's no question he wrote with emotion and depth.

He once wrote, "I wish I could write mysterious as a cat."  While I'm not 100% sure what this means, it made me wonder, "What do I wish I could write?" I love to write, but what do I WANT to write about? What convicts me to connect pen and paper?  After thinking it over, I've come up with one word: Inspiration.

What inspires me? What do I do that could inspire others? Where do these creative feelings of inspiration come from?

All in all, I'm inspired by a great many things.  Color, music, written word, movies, nature, etc...

But it all starts with my want/need to write, and I suppose I'll just see where my inspirations take me.




No comments:

Post a Comment