Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Blue Door

Filmmaker David Lynch said, "I like darkness and confusion and absurdity, but I like to know that there could be a little door that you could go out into a safe life area of happiness."

As soon as I read this, my first thought was "I know what it's like on the other side of that door!" I used to live in darkness and confusion and absurdity, and it was not a healthy place.  Being on the other side and "into a safe life area of happiness" is ridiculously life-changing.

A small blue door
Though hidden to some
Is worth looking for,
For happiness will come

It is not locked
You must only be brave
To open the door,
Your sanity to save

One the other side
There's new life for all
Where the door once was
Now is only a wall





No comments:

Post a Comment